What is the full form of ADPKD?
- on Jun 18, 2022
ADPKD stands for Autosomal Dominant Polycystic Kidney Disease.
|Full Form||Autosomal Dominant Polycystic Kidney Disease|
|Category||Medical » Diseases & Conditions|
What is ADPKD?
Autosomal dominant polycystic kidney disease is a rare genetic disorder. It is caused by a problem with the way the kidneys work.
ADPKD is a disorder that affects the kidneys. The kidneys are important organs in the body. They help to keep us healthy by removing waste from our bodies.
ADPKD is a rare genetic disorder. It is caused by a problem with the way the kidneys work. This problem causes the kidneys to become enlarged and filled with cysts. Cysts are sacs that contain fluid and tissues.
ADPKD can cause many problems for people who have it. These problems include:
– Increased risk of kidney failure
– Reduced ability to produce urine
– Dehydration (a condition in which the body loses water too quickly)
– Low blood pressure (low blood pressure can lead to heart problems)
– Weight gain (due to an increase in fluid retention)
– Illness (due to an increase in inflammation)